1945 Willys jeep

Mike H

Hi Gents

Need a little help in sourcing a part for the rear axle breather on a 1945 willys MB as it is just open to the elements at the moment also any tips on the best reading before restoring ?

Thanks

Mike H

Edited by Mike H

Have you tried Willie Bone WHB in Dumfrieshire he has lots of jeep parts? What do you need to know re renovating etc re books- am not too far away in Glasgow, there are also a few near you in Alexandria/Balloch way

Gary

Have you tried Willie Bone WHB in Dumfrieshire he has lots of jeep parts? What do you need to know re renovating etc re books- am not too far away in Glasgow, there are also a few near you in Alexandria/Balloch way

Gary

Hi Gary

Thanks for the info as I never tried this before so not sure where the suppliers are, would'nt mind a look at another Jeep if there was a chance of that and as for the book part would just like to know what people recommend as a good reference.

Thanks again

Mike H

Mike

If you want to see other jeeps some of us are at the Riverside Museum of Transport (near SECC) this Saturday all day -I am running a 50+ classic car rally there on the day -10 till 4.

Failing that I can get the others near you to drop you a line

Gary

Meant to say also apart from the All American Wonder and other similar books (see Amazon and jeep books web sites) if you haven't already got this - the one I use most - condensed all in one from original G503 manuals all in one handy size is this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Military-Brooklands-Brooklyns-Militarey/dp/1855201216/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311675688&sr=8-1

or try ebay for same(sometimes cheaper)

517IRXBxijL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg