World War 2 Dodge Ambulance Register

mkorst

To all fellow WW2 Dodge Ambulance Owners (or enthusiasts),

As part of my hobby, restoring a WW2 WC-54 I bought some time ago, is to gather friends of the hobby and share tips and tricks, tours, parts, photo's and so on.

So I founded the WW2 Dodge Ambulance Register. If you have (or want) a WW2 Dodge Ambulance (WC-9, 18, 54 or WC-64), I would like you to join our register.

Please check www.lucrum-socius.com for my restoration progress and see how to join my register. Just a simple e-mail with some information is all I need. It's free for everybody.

Hope to see the e-mails coming! Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Micha.

Edited by mkorst

Hiya Micha,

How about letting faux ambulances in? That is, WC51's? Mine is marked as an ambulance of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force, as you know.

The WC51 was employed as an makeshift ambulance quite often during WW2 as WC54's were in short supply at times. The WC54 size took up more shipping space with its full body.

I haven't seen any numbers on the amount of WC51's used as ambulances. The WC51 could quickly be put back into regular weapon carrier mode by removing the red cross markings.

1945 (Febr) Dodge WC51

Frame no: 81741448

Re-built at Rootes Corp. Birmingham in Aug. 1955 before being shipped to the Norwegian army. Purchased by me at auction in Kongsberg, Norway, on April 27th 1994.

Live well-and prosper...

Cheers,

Goran N

!!_Black medic_next to_Dodge WC_w_red cross_smaller.jpg

Bild 274.jpg

Luch filming_MG_5897.jpg

Hey Goran,

Sure, but could you send me a picture that shows clearly that your 51 is actually an ambulance? Like the grill being painted in a red cross...

b.t.w. I already added your Dodge to the register. But it does'nt show your Dodge, but the b/w photo you posted in your reply.

Thanks.

Micha.

Edited by mkorst

Hey 50cal,

Is a rear propshaft the same on a 1/2 ton as on a 3/4 ton? if so, i need one myself.

You got a 3/4 WC speedo for me?

And i'm looking for the link between the handle and the transfer case to select front wheel drive.

Friend of the Register needs the covers for the windscreen wipers (if these are the same as a 3/4 tons ambu).

Thanks!

Micha.

• 6 months later...

Is the register up and running? if so could you please steer me in the direction of any owners of a Dodge WWII ambulance's. We are staging a Wings and Wheels event on the old Upottery airfield Smeatharpe East Devon, weather permitting the 93rd Troop Carrier Squadron Dakota that flew the D-Day missions from this airfield will be back with us for the weekend August 21-22.

We are offering a rare photo opportunity as we would like to simulate medical evacuations one of the major roles played by the Dakota.

Needless to say all WWII vehicles will be very welcome at this event, this time we are running in conjunction with the Devon Branch of the Royal British Legion raising additional funds for our Heroes past and present.

http://WWW.southwestairfields.com the website is due for an update coming soon. Regards to all