MOD Form 654

LoggyDriver

When I picked my truck up last week I obtained the 654 for it. On the form the guy who was filling it out (at 35 Sig Regt) has made a few mistakes:shocked:. He has put the asset code down as 2091 8100 and then crossed out the 8100 and put 3105 (this is the ptarmigan system which the truck was converted to). On the chassis No he has entered MJP2BMO, then crossed out MO and put FT below it:(. MJP2BMO is the code for ALL Bedford MJ's and which is what is on the vehicle service record. The FT he has replaced it with is the actual chassis No of my truck. The number after this is correct.

I raised this with Withams and they have send off for a conformation of age (or something like that) just in case DVLA query it.

My question is do you think the DVLA will be funny about this?:sweat: The crossed out mistakes have a single line through so you can see what they have put before. If I take my vehicle records along maybe this can back up the correct chassis number. The plate is on the side of the truck for their inspection anyway. Have any of you guys had problems like this?

The DVLA are funny about everything ;)

The best advice I can offer is to take as much documentation as you can. If they can see it's a mistake they might let you off - we had to get an official confirmation letter from D&ES first though (they hadn't noticed the error and the chassis number was just wrong). Maybe you could take a rubbing of the plate with you as well?

I think they just get the most junior, most bored desk officers to fill as many of them in as fast as they can - you must have to do something pretty serious to get landed with their job!

Stone

The DVLA are funny about everything ;)

The best advice I can offer is to take as much documentation as you can. If they can see it's a mistake they might let you off - we had to get an official confirmation letter from D&ES first though (they hadn't noticed the error and the chassis number was just wrong). Maybe you could take a rubbing of the plate with you as well?

I think they just get the most junior, most bored desk officers to fill as many of them in as fast as they can - you must have to do something pretty serious to get landed with their job!

Stone

That's a good point Stone. I will see if the plate can be unscrewed, if it can I can just take the plate with me. The only reason I can see a problem is because it's been altered, but there isn't anything on the form saying "this form should contain NO alterations" or similar.

I can see what the blokes done, he has just filled out the prefix from the record book and then realised that this isn't the Bedford's chassis no, crossed out the two letters that were wrong and put in the correct ones underneath.