Playing around editing of photos

Jessie The Jeep

I've been making some composite photos using some pictures I've taken at last years events, and overlaying them onto old warbird pics. The B-17 is a genuine B-17F, called 'C Cup' for the Memphis Belle film in 1989. This aircraft is now at Boeing's Museum of Flight in Seattle. The jeep and myself were taken at a small village event in November 05.

830392.jpg

The next is I believe, a Dutch B-25, taken at the Flying Legends Airshow 05. Dad, Lynne and myself were taken at Hartlepool, Feb 06 at our first event of the year.

830393.jpg

The last is the same group picture, but overlaid onto 'The Fighter Collection' P-47 'No Guts No Glory' at Legends 04.

830394.jpg

All the pictures were converted to B&W, focus softened and then a slight sepia shade added.

Steve

The pics were taken on a Digi Camera, a 6.6MP made by Hanshing. The photo editing software is a version 1 of Ulead Photo Express.

The figures were 'cut' with a Lasso selection tool as close as possible to the figures. Once pasted onto the background image, a cloning tool was used to blend in the edge of the crop. The closer you can trim the first picture, the easier it is to edit it in.

I also played about with the contrast and brightness of the figures before they were pasted to try and get the light levels more alike.

Steve