Renishaw hall WW2 weekend ??

There has been a military eveant at Renishaw hall in Derbyshire near Chesterfield for the last 2 years, but dont seem to be able o find out if there is any event planned for this year. Does anyone know if they are planning one and is so who do I contact and laos if not or if it is being held at another venue? Any ideas chaps, also does anyone know of any other military events around teh Sheffield area?:sweat:

There has been a military eveant at Renishaw hall in Derbyshire near Chesterfield for the last 2 years, but dont seem to be able o find out if there is any event planned for this year. Does anyone know if they are planning one and is so who do I contact and laos if not or if it is being held at another venue? Any ideas chaps, also does anyone know of any other military events around teh Sheffield area?:sweat:

P66 is right it is not on and unless things change, from what I hear, is likely to stay not on without a significant change. If that is your beast in your avatar then you probably wouldnt have got it in to Renishaw anyway! :)Other events around Sheffield? phew, bit thin on the ground. Strictly military only is probably few and far between and some are pure WW2. However, although I didnt get to it myself I'm told the Chatsworth House 'do' was good. There was also a WW2 event billed to run the same weekend as Renishaw over at Clumber Park. Not heard any feedback on that one and haven't looked to see if it is on this year. Many of the local (ish) 'general' rallies/steam etc also have space for a military section and you might get a good weekend or day out there if you dont mind mixing with the general interest stuff. Thinking of Barnsley, Ackworth, Nostell and so on. The biggest pure military up North has to be Elvington in May, but that isnt just down the road is it? If you come across any more list them for us all.

Edit- Belvoir steam fair always has a good military section. Not too far off.

May 30th Burghwallis near Donny - http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=50523&sid=c9b6afe373a6aa444f93c9d6df825cff

16/17 May Belvoir

13/14 June Clumber (Eventplan)

15/16 August Rufford Park Home front event (Eventplan)

August bank hol Sheffield Fayre multi period event incl.WW2, so maybe a bit more than I first thought.(Eventplan)

Edited by No Signals

Yep the BARV is my pride and joy ? I also have a sabre which is much easier to move around. I was hoping to get the BARV out this year if possible but as only war and peace are in a poissition to accomadate such a large vehicle without worrying about the tracks it does leave me a little limited. not to mention at 4 gallons a miles it's a tad expensive to run. I was planing to go to Sheffield Steam rally back end of june at north anston with the sabre. They have a large field and also have an area set aside for running vehicles around .:yay: