Jeep conrod offsets.

Rick W

I might be a bit thick here. The crank is back from my local engineers, Ive put all the pistons in have just been torquing up the crank bearings. It was then I noticed that I may have made a mistake concerning the con rod offsets, can someone clarify for me please.

Ive been working with tha engine rebuild pics and info off the G503 and recently the same one printed in Windscreen. On pic 27 of the bottom end rebuild it shows the con rod offset in relation to the centre main bearing. Skinny side toward the main bearing on pistons 2 and 3. Which I have. I cant work out if on pistons 1 and 4 the fat sides are pointing toward the main centre bearing or the fat sides should be on the side furthest away from centre main.:???

I might be a bit thick here. The crank is back from my local engineers, Ive put all the pistons in have just been torquing up the crank bearings. It was then I noticed that I may have made a mistake concerning the con rod offsets, can someone clarify for me please.

Ive been working with tha engine rebuild pics and info off the G503 and recently the same one printed in Windscreen. On pic 27 of the bottom end rebuild it shows the con rod offset in relation to the centre main bearing. Skinny side toward the main bearing on pistons 2 and 3. Which I have. I cant work out if on pistons 1 and 4 the fat sides are pointing toward the main centre bearing or the fat sides should be on the side furthest away from centre main.:???

Don't know if this will help. The oil hole in the con rod or squirt hole will go to the thrust side of the piston. Opposite to the split in the piston skirt