Morris Radiator Question

thedawnpatrol

Hi Guys

Any one help ?

I am well on the way with my second C8 Rebuild, I have two Radiators, one from a C8 and one from a FAT, you would expect them to be the same? well the only differance is the caps.

The C8 Rad I was going to use has its cap, but will need re coreing, at £400!

So I want to use the FAT one, but it has a different cap, which I do not have, does anyone have a spare ?

I will post some pics if that helps.

I also have the cowling and surround from the FAT if is of use to anyone.

Jules

Yes, Simon you are right, the one I am (was) after would have to have a female thread as the Rad fitting has the screw thread on the outside, not like the MW/C8 internal thread.

However this is all academic now as having just come in from a cold workshop, I have discovered that neither of my rads hold water! so of the rebuild shop & a big bill!

Jules

Yeah I see the outside design is the same, but threaded differently. Something else I've learnt!! Rolf Ask had several rads when I was there in Nov, but until I can get someone interested in transporting the truck(s) back to Blighty I can't bring any of his Morris spares over here...... :-(