Humber mk iv armoured car question

Evening All,

Three questions regarding the Humber armoured car mk iv, firstly what would the interior colour be in 1944, secondly on the dash there is a data plate that reads "TYPE............." anyone know what the missing text is and lastly what colour would the dash board be painted?

DashMK42.jpg.581d3a40c98c96761a66c15f3512b72b.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Johann,

Firstly the interior colour could either be silver or white. They changed from silver to white for a short period and then went back to silver. I believe that there was a shortage of the pigment for silver paint for a time.

I can't tell you what was on the dash plate as I don't have anything legible on mine. The dashboards were painted black.

Is there any chance of the details of your vehicle?

Regards,

Les.

1943 Humber MkIV A/C   F118499

1943 Humber MkIIIA LRC M4710149 

• Like 1

Regarding Type, the manual refers to that blanking plate as MT4/|CB/5611/14B so possibly the missing numbers are part of this part number?  The panel has been modified with that additional panel on top which should only incorporate the oil pressure warning light.  It may or not be a war-time mod.