Sentinel Mk1 2 Ton Caravan Trailer Restoration

Posted (edited)

I’ve just purchased this military living / office trailer with the intention of it going behind the Scammell. It needs quite a bit of work, but at such a bargain price and close to home it was a no brainer. I’ve been after something similar for a while. The chassis is in really good condition, and still has all the brake system, levelling jacks, spare wheel carrier etc. 

I’m intending on fitting it out with bunk beds, kitchenette, shower, toilet, table and bench seats. The wife is well keen and even came to the workshop and made a start ripping the old panels off today. 

Wondering if anyone can ID it. Haven’t been able to find a data plate yet. 

B9E69E26-85AC-466E-9A29-5F8525ABD7E1.jpeg

26F9626F-5A5F-4F29-BEB4-3441F554FD49.jpeg

A154AD0D-8E48-4818-A237-9F231EDD40D9.jpeg

86FAE273-6491-4CA0-BB72-A411682461F5.jpeg

Edited by Scammell4199
  • Like 4

• Scammell4199 changed the title to Sentinel Mk1 2 Ton Caravan Trailer Restoration
  • 1 month later...

I've concluded via different sources mine is a Sentinel trailer, and i've been able to obtain an illustrated parts list so that will help.

I've also come to the conclusion that the body structure has had it, so i'm going to be making a new one from scratch keeping to the original as much as possible, but possibly varying the structure a little bit to suit how we're going to fit it out.

Quite excited to get stuck into this after we return from XXX Corp

• Like 2