Triumph T 90

midaume

Bonjour, je suis nouveau sur le forum;merci pour votre acceuil.

Je restaure une T 90 1936, complète; je lui garde tout son aspect d'origine. Ma question porte sur une sorte de reniflard monté en bout d'embiellage côté transmission primaire; il me manque ce qui est entouré . Quelqu'un sait il quelle était la fonction de ce système et où je pourrais trouver ces pièces.Merci.

1831951234_Oldnutolddiaphragmnewdiaphragmoldsleevnut.jpg.5c7f9d68d82a22d7a6e4c48fb6cb2ac9.jpg

Bonjour, @midaume  et bienvenue (-:

Je ne peux pas vous aider directement (désolé), mais j'ai traduit votre demande en anglais, ce qui pourrait aider.

Je vous souhaite bonne chance et j'espère que vous trouverez ce dont vous avez besoin.

Cdlt, Adrian

Midaume's request is translated below....

I am completely restoring a Triumph T 90 from 1936, I will keep its original appearance.

My question concerns a sort of breather mounted at the end of the crankshaft on the primary transmission side; I am missing what surrounds it. Does anyone know what the function of this system was and where I could find these parts?  Thank you.

Edited by Le Prof

The parts are "Breather Nozzle in sleeve nut, part number NE153A and Diaphragm NE154". These were fitted to the whole range pre war and wartime. But I have no idea where you can obtain them. You might just have to repair it the best you can. The Diaphragm is just a free acting flap valve that opens and closes with the up and down of the piston.

You should already have a crankcase breather. This nozzle allows extra breathing into the primary case.   

Hopefully Prof will translate.   Ron