alternator and battery advice

Hey everyone, I'm looking at a V8 snatch to buy but it is missing an alternator and battery's..

First question is what alternator and battery's does it use?

Second.. How hard is the alternator to fit?

Many thanks all

I am not sure if they all had 24v systems but mine certainly did.  So, a 12v alternator and a 24v alternator same as 24v FFR Landy's.  The battery I will check as I think I still have one unless someone beats me to it !

I have many pics from the rebuild I can use to show the fit !

Edited by Mk3iain
More stuff

zz the V8 Snatch is covered in AESP 2320-D-127-101 which states it is 12v charged by an alternator type A115/45 to a low maintenance battery 12v 60Ah

However the diesel Snatch is covered in 2320-D-132-111 that describes both 12v & 24v versions.

The definitive check would be to obtain the NSN or ERM of what you are proposing to buy.

Here are pictures of mine during rebuild.  The 24v alternator was I think on the nearside, I could be wrong as its been a while ! The nearside is not in position but you can see the mounting brackets.

As you can see they are both readily accessible, even with the bodywork in position !

IMG_0119(1).JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

Edited by Mk3iain