Certificate of Conformity (CoC) for Land Rover HS XD Wolf

Hello,

I am still trying to find a LHD 90 Wolf, with not much luck so far, but that is another story. When I do locate one I will be registering it in Germany, which may require a Certificate of Conformity.

Would this exist for the Wolf being that it was not a direct production line vehicle as such? Or would the MOD cast form work for this?

Any leads on a Wolf 90 LHD would be much appreciated - ideally in the EU, as I am now subject to VAT on import plus 10% which makes UK vehicles less viable, especially when you then add the collection or haulage of the vehicle.

Many thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

A COC is only needed for vehicles under 10 years of age.   When I registered my Wolf way back in 2006 I managed to get Land Rover to write a build date letter and in that it stated Military vehicles are exempt from type approval.  I don't know if they still do this but if you have the release paperwork that should be enough.

LHD come up fairly frequently you should find one ok, here for example - 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285293039573?hash=item426cca4fd5:g:jLIAAOSw4pRkZ6~1&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4GDnrabxcy9fJeQIbcAdxIz6jMDwr1yo4Ht%2FSQysl5fxR4jKzfefdRE7R3LV99LU5vYVbAXn5eIPdEjWKt%2BZIHIdQYCVu6wv1k4CUxcHAV9Huy%2F86EGB1AakTpj8P4b%2FZyrLM7WndlvvCECZPDGmzzrKvT%2BawJP0PWaL6Kc%2B4Q5fDZlNqKG8VeOuVgtd8Zdo5tvvdVYl32WuGCwmjrjpF4W%2FWh%2B%2B6aCU7ctPQ77awcv1UON8pLHYpXrb50msNpmjvlNgQw3e11cnnYKXWEFy0PnohCquz2FpevNVyAHpf8Np|tkp%3ABk9SR9rfz5aMYg

Cheers

Colt

Thanks Colt. That is good to know that someone has got around this.

I do keep following eBay, GPSV, Withams, etc. But the prices end usually far too high for adding the VAT, auction fees and 10% import duty, then haulage. Usually taking a vehicle to nearly 40k in Euros.

• 4 months later...

To follow up on this for future reference, you can register vehicles imported from the UK in Germany post Brexit.

It is complicated, but not too stressful.

You will require the MOD Cast form, import forms with paid duty proof from Zoll.

The certificate of conformation is not such a drama, as you can have a proofing 'TUV' test, which costs more, but covers this. You do require a 'Datenblatte' or data sheet from TUV Nord or Sud, which if they have this is not expensive. Then all can be registered as normal.

If the TUV do not have the data sheet and you are the first to import a unique vehicle without certificate of conformity from manufacturer it could be come expensive as you will be required to submit the vehicle for testing of emissions, weights, noise, etc.

If I can help anyone in the future, please contact me