Bedford TJ and Thames Trader chassis plans?

Royal42

Hello all and Happy New Year!

I have recently bought some 3D printed vehicle cabs, one is a Bedford TJ and the other a Thames Trader.  I shall have to scratchbuild the chassis' and bodywork for these models but I cannot find any suitable plans/diagrams.  I have Googled and looked at various vehicle sites but to no avail.

Can anyone here please advise me where I could obtain copies, downloads or scans of such?

All the best,

Mike

• Like 2

Thanks for the link but I'm not getting anywhere with it.  I found the relevant file (TR WAL DO1/4/42-128); however, it appears to be a book that cannot be loaned out.  I would have to travel to Reading, from Burnham on Sea, to read it.  It even states that visitors can't use the photocopier there, so that's no use to me.

Does anyone in this forum hold a copy of a plan of either vehicle which they could scan and share please?

cheers,

Mike

Edited by Royal42

Photographing a plan from a book would give false measurements.  I couldn't afford to go to Reading for the task anyway.  Looking into their facilities, I am guessing that most of their material is historical information; with names, locations and dates being the prime research for visitors. The museum holds lots about the censuses; plus family, military and rural histories and so I think they expect visitors to take written notes for their research.  That is something that I had been doing for about 40 years, I researched maritime subjects and note taking was very much part of my research.  

Trying to build a model truck, with the various contours of the chassis; the bolt-on and welded plate locations and wiring etc., need a diagramatic plan, with dimensions.  Hopefully, someone here will have such a copy, or point to an affordable source.  Buying books, just for a single page containing a plan is also out of my reach.

cheers,
Mike