"Bevan Bus" trailers: Survivors or blueprints?

I'm interested in the mass-produced trailer known widely known as the "Bevan Bus" (IIRC these were so-named after Aneurin "Nye" Bevan PC, MP). These were used in both military and civilian roles for many years..

I'm curious to known if and where any survive please?

I'd also like to hear of any drawings or blueprints which might be out there please?

Many thanks indeed

Andy

kqU5MtN.jpg

• 2 months later...

Many thanks indeed 🙂👍

However, I don't think this is a Bevan/Bevin Bus, (note that, frustratingly, alternative spellings are often used!) not least because it was built in 1948. In the strictest sense I believe they need to be a combination of a  Bedford OXC tractor and a British Trailer Co. semi-trailer chassis with a Roe body (these are what I'd really like to find blueprints etc. for) as built during WWII. Built as semi-trailer buses many were converted to canteens.

Over the years there have been many other semi-trailer buses and canteens, but none have the distinctive angular appearance (45 degree panels at the front), with a combination of mid and rear port-side doors, of the Bevin/Bevan Bus:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sattelzugomnibus

Bevin-bus.jpg

Edited by Airtrooper