Jim Mutton

Jim M

I am trying to find out if there is any way of working out the identification of a military vehicle given the NATO number of various parts it should fit.

I have about 40 different product lines that were made by David Brown.

Some numbers are:

2520-99-810-3161

2520-99-810-3172

2520-99-810-3267

The bulk of the parts seem to be transmission parts. 

These parts appear to be up to early 1970's and would of been military spares from Australia.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Mutton

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the lead.

I guess I will have to look for a parts manual for a Centurion tank to confirm. I would imagine the manual won't be easy to find?

Looking through some of the parts it does suggest the vehicle has 5 forward and 2 reverse gears.

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the lead.

I guess I will have to look for a parts manual for a Centurion tank to confirm. I would imagine the manual won't be easy to find?

Looking through some of the parts it does suggest the vehicle has 5 forward and 2 reverse gears.

Hi Jim,

The reason I come to this conclusion is the LV1 parts are tank related, so definitely not for David Brown tractors! The transmission on a Centurion was a Merritt-Brown design, and it had 5 forward and 2 reverse gears.