AFV Commanders sight

B series

NOS  Sight, Periscopic, A.V.  Image Intensified, L5A1, which is still in its original container with canvas straps.

Z7/5855-99-966-9281   RPC 1984

I belive this is a commanders sight / periscope for the Chieftain / Challenger and also Khaled AFV,  but correct me if wrong.  It might be used on other AFV's.

It has some type of night vision capability, and as far as I can see this is an new and unissued item. I purchased this back in the early 1990's just because it was an interesting object, it is still interesting but I do not need it any more. I am not aware of any damaged or missing parts, it has a REME Donnington inspection label attached date April 1988 which is still present and during my ownership it has been stored in a warm dry location.  A rare item, especially in as new condition in the original container.

I had it displayed at a rally once, and person who had worked on night vision equipment and new about these told me this periscope cost £19,000 each when new. I cannot confirm if that is correct, but it is certainly a complicated and well made item.

Container size is L610 x W410 x H330 mm  and total mass is 35kg.

Asking £300  Please PM me if interested.

Due to weight I think local collection from NR18 area is best option. But if you want to arrange a courier that can also work.

DSC07667.JPG

DSC07671.JPG

DSC07670.JPG