Anyone need a fairly large but rather old lathe?

andypugh

The time has come that I need to start thinking about converting my late father's workshop into a downstairs bathroom for my increasingly infirm mother. 

The workshop has a Colchester Master lathe from the 1940s, a Smart and Brown Model M. a Kearns S-type borer, a Churchill Universal Grinder and a nice little Elliot 10M shaper. 

I am prepared to move house to hold on to the Kearns, and the other tools then move down the spectrum to the Colchester Master which I am probably prepared to give away to anyone willing to take it away. 

It is fully functional on single phase, I tested it last weekend.  It's a gap bed so can spin pretty big stuff, like brake drums and some flywheels. 

The main problem with it is tiny thimbles and coarse screws. I think that the cross slide has 20 marks and a 6tpi screw..

With a DRO it would be a much more useful machine. We have tended to use a dial indicator to measure the cuts 

I will probably _not_ include the 12" chuck with the lathe, that is probably worth something. 

71019C45-1A02-4148-9AA6-C49589C7CC10.jpeg

7E8DEEA6-BD0A-47CC-ADA4-5B6AC94543BD.jpeg