Hello from Brisbane Australia

Hey Everyone. I’m Chris and I’m from Brisbane Australia. 

I own a 1943 Willys Jeep, which has been in my family since 1980; not long before I was born. The Jeep hasn’t been running since the mid 1990’s due to financial reasons, but I’m now going to start restoring it back to its original glory. I will keep everyone updated along the way. 

I also have interests in military photography and I travel around photographing other military vehicles in our Military Jeep club and I visit Military museums and events around my area. My Facebook group is “Australian Military Memories” if you’re interested in seeing what I’ve been up to in my area in Australia. 

It’s great meeting you all. 

Chris.

E65C0489-A26B-4DF4-9795-BED0B1AD1B92.jpeg

314B5B9E-8E85-48F2-BDAA-18F5B98D322D.jpeg

Edited by Chris Cullen

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I am wondering if you have ever attended the Annual Corowa Swim-In & Military Vehicle Gathering at Corowa NSW alongside the Murray River. It is the largest gathering of ex-military vehicles in Australia. Next one is in March 2022 and the main theme is Year of the Jeep.

Take a look at our website, www.corowaswim-in.org and click onto the link for the latest KVE News where you will find more info on the event and articles of interest.

You can send me a private message via this forum if you have any questions.

regards, Richard

1 minute ago, Chris Cullen said:

Hi Richard. No I haven’t been to the Cowra event before, and couldn’t last time because of the Covid situation. I follow the Facebook group and am waiting for the next one (hopefully the borders are open again this time). 

Chris 

Hi Chris,

We hope the virus situation levels out before March and borders reopen. This year was the first time in 41 years of the event that we had to postpone it. We do get a lot of Queenslanders attend.

regards, Richard

Yeah so I’ve been told. I’ve just recently joined the MJCQ and the members there always talk about it. My Dad was in the MJCQ back in the 80’s and has also mentioned it as well. 
I will definately be coming if everyone behaves themselves and there aren’t any more lockdowns.