1942 CCKW 353 GMC

martylee

Ok, this I'm doing only to put some pressure on myself, so that something will be done. This is how the vehicle looks on the day of purchase.

width=640 height=480http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w197/martylee74/IMG_2382.jpg[/img]

Yep, it's yellow! But it was only 5k nok.

First of all we'll have to get it home, that's something I plan to do during week 40. We'll need truck with trailer to transport it.

Next is fixing the electric cables and changing battery, so that it'll run. That's something we'll probably do this side of x-mas. Then we can play a littl with it.

Then there's putting on all wheels, of some reason it doesn't have any "twin" wheels on. But we have all the wheels.

Next spring it's time to do something about the color, don't you agree???

Marty

At £475 you could not NOT have it......... :whistle: Well done!

Is there so little interest in these vehicles in Norway that keeps values low, or are there so many vehicles about? :dunno:

Alas cost of transporting and importing trucks like this to UK would be considerable, so it's down to you Martylee to save as many as you can :-D

Just looking beyond the colour (which doesnt matter in the slightest), what a great looking truck. She seems straight, original, and pretty much un-molested, I am very jealous!

Good work mate! Im looking forward to hearing about your progress

Cheers

G506

• 3 years later...