Dodge WC track rod end

Tony Pearson

hi after soon advice on a strange issue my dodge got a caution on its test for track rod end so though i would replace it. ordered one it came but would not fit the taper is to small, go anotherone sent and the same problem taper to small. so no im stuck are there two sizes ?

bit stuck dont no what to do anyone know what size the taper is at the bottem.

Cheers Tony

if it got an advice on test, then for the mileage you do it will probably be exactly the same next year. If it were bad, unless the tester was being nice (can happen) then it would have been a fail. So although you are struggling to get one at the mo, I doubt whether it is as urgent as it might at first appear.

If you have the old track rod end off, it might be an idea to take it with you, often if you get the right person at the shop, they will realise what it is similar to. But I'm sure someone on here will know more, if not most likely have one.

.... the taper is to small, go anotherone sent and the same problem taper to small.....

Tony,

Do you mean the tie rod end hole in the swivel joint bracket is too small or the tie rod end itself, is too small to fit the hole ?

Are you sure the tie rod ends you received (from whom?) are for the WC or the Power Wagon. I'm unsure if there is a difference but there could well be. I know the PW steering box is less substantial than the WC, so maybe the PW track rod and track rod ends are also smaller.

The WC track rod is a heavy and solid lump of iron.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Tony,

I reckon you need a new supplier !

There may well be suppliers in the UK (maybe Dallas Autos ?), but if I was you, I would go to Midwest Military

http://www.midwestmil.com/dodgewc.html

and check his catalogue - email John if you can't find what you're looking for.

He speaks Dodge, reasonable prices and excellent service.

Jack