Miltary odyssey, Detling, Kent

On the way to Cambridge earlier tonight I saw 4 vehicles which must have been going there. There was a low loader with 2 Bren Gun carriers and what looked an Austin staff car which I'm guessing might have been from the East of England Tank Museum and a then there was a rather nice Jeep being driven by some suitably dressed occupants.

Richard

I would imagine they where on there way to Rougham.

Saturday 18/8/2007 - Sunday 19/8/2007

Rougham Air Display, Rougham Airfield near Bury St.Edmunds.

As I said before to me MO is a good shopping trip but this is because I am a militaria collector as well as a vehicle owner and I think it is fair to say that if the vehicles stop attending then the parts dealers will stay away which will obviously see off even more vehicles.To be honest as my vehicles are British and 2 wheeled I am almost always dissapointed by the lack of available parts at shows especially considering the amount of German bike parts available at Beltring this year but hasnt part of the appeal of any part of the old vehicle hobby been the thrill of the chase.

Roll on Netley Marsh and Beaulie

Nigel