Strap buckles

Mad Scientist

Hello folks,

I'm looking to buy 3-4 strap buckles like that shown.Buckle.jpg

Don't necessarily need the webbing material, just the plain buckles.

Can anyone help, please?

cheers, Jeremy aka Mad Scientist, Oxfordshire.

Edited by Mad Scientist

Hi Adrian,

Doh! :red: Realised as soon as I saw your message that I didn't include measurements - which is what scientists do, even mad ones. These buckles are 1 and 1/4 inches at their narrowest extent, are 1 and 1/2 inches wide at their maximum width at the ends, and 1 and 3/4 inches long, measured in line with the axis of the webbing strap. I can PM to discuss further. cheers, Jeremy

They are specified by the strap width. I think from your PM that you need buckles for 1" wide straps. You can buy modern ones on ebay, look for ROKO buckles. They are not as robust as the originals and usually very bright zinc plated rather than cadmium. A quick flash over with a fine blast media if you have access makes them look a little better.

They are specified by the strap width. I think from your PM that you need buckles for 1" wide straps. You can buy modern ones on ebay, look for ROKO buckles. They are not as robust as the originals and usually very bright zinc plated rather than cadmium. A quick flash over with a fine blast media if you have access makes them look a little better.

Many thanks, Adrian. Now you've told me the search term, I have found exactly what I need on evilbay. Very grateful indeed. This is a great forum :-D and I appreciate all the help I've been given. cheers, Jeremy aka Mad Scientist.