Sabre turret removal for blasting

diesel1

The time has come to do some blasting and painting, looking at removing the turret, i want to leave the ring gear bearing in place, so looking at the 18 or so allen key type bolts inside the turret on the top plate above the ring gear bearing, im i right in thinking these bolts go a long way to removing the turret?

Regards Andrew

Andrew you are correct.

We have prepped our Sabre but have not lifted it yet.

Remove the left seat in the turret first, frees up quite a bit of space.

The traverse mechanism needs to come off, carefully

You need to undo any wiring that goes to the radios at the back, I think we undid the connection at the turret master switch in the back right corner, batteries removed first etc.

Also you will want to separate the basket from the turret by undoing the bolts that hold the Y bracket in the rear right.

The turret lock which is front left is the last thing to remove.

We were given this valuable information by a gent from this forum, Sirhc, who we thank for that.

As yet we have not had time to lift the turret but will in a week or so.

Andrew you are correct.

You need to undo any wiring that goes to the radios at the back, I think we undid the connection at the turret master switch in the back right corner, batteries removed first etc.

Also you will want to separate the basket from the turret by undoing the bolts that hold the Y bracket in the rear right.

We were given this valuable information by a gent from this forum, Sirhc, who we thank for that.

Thanks Robin, both seats are removed as i recently cleaned the fuel tank out, that was a easier job that i thought it would be, will be attempting to remove the turret tomorrow, will let you know how i get on!

Andrew

Andrew you are correct.

The turret is now off, was a easy task apart from 1 bolt which could not be found for some time, front right corner, with the turret in the down position the bolt cannot be seen, it is only found with the turret fully raised and then not seen but you can feel it!