sabre fuel tank cleaning

diesel1

Can the large inspecton hatch and fuel sender be removed with the turn table thing still in place? removal of the curved plate which is bolted on the turn table in front of the fuel inspection hatch may make things a little easier. i intend to clean the fuel tank inside for piece of mind if its not too difficult

Andrew

Can the large inspecton hatch and fuel sender be removed with the turn table thing still in place? removal of the curved plate which is bolted on the turn table in front of the fuel inspection hatch may make things a little easier. i intend to clean the fuel tank inside for piece of mind if its not too difficult

Andrew

Yes. See my post re fuel tank on Scorpion. I did take the seat out though. Just one nut and bolt and the seat pops up off it's spring.

I tried to get the seat out of the hatch but it appears to be a very tight fit, so i just put it to one side in the turret...

The lower bolts on the access panel are tricky to get at, but do-able.

I ran a die over all the stud threads before undoing them to get the paint off, so avoid the studs coming out.

Thanks, most helpful :-D

UOTE=BRDM Driver;476111]Yes. See my post re fuel tank on Scorpion. I did take the seat out though. Just one nut and bolt and the seat pops up off it's spring.

I tried to get the seat out of the hatch but it appears to be a very tight fit, so i just put it to one side in the turret...

I ran a die over all the stud threads before undoing them to get the paint off, so avoid the studs coming out.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. See my post re fuel tank on Scorpion. I did take the seat out though. Just one nut and bolt and the seat pops up off it's spring.

I ran a die over all the stud threads before undoing them to get the paint off, so avoid the studs coming out.[/QUOT

I will be cleaning the sabre fuel tank out this week, just taken the seats out and other stuff, lots of room now!

Does the fuel sender need taking out first then the big plate or can the big plate come out in 1 lump with everything on it?

Andrew