hi there new member

paul_n

hi all

Sorry love MV's however I am unlikely to own one :-(

Love reading others post though , anyone who takes a scrap/unloved vehicle and gets it back into use is a real star.

So why am I here ?

Austin-Hall-Scott-EB-IV-2-.jpg

I want to build something like this on a Sherpa/LDV chassis and having found Bill's Fordson Armoured car he seems to have solved all the problems I will face.

I was hoping to get in touch by email and pick his brains.

Seems a real shame he has to sell it , it looks very authentic .

regards Paul

Welcome to the forum.

Come on then, what engine for your project, anything lined up?

Well till I get the DVLA off my back regarding the re-body then what every the donor comes with.

However down the line ? well it would be nice to have a aero engine however on my budget [ retired and wife watching the spend like a hawk :-D ] I would hope to fit a 6 pot motor with over drive.

Need something nice to listen to on my way to Le Mans in it ;)

regards Paul

Nice little Jag straight six then maybe? Workable ones still come up for not too many beer tokens, good luck.

Sorry for late reply just returned from Beauleiu AutoJumble got some nice old seats and a big steering wheel.

A friend around the corner does Triumphs so was hoping if I can get this on the road and past the DVLA as a re-body then a nice straight six and overdrive g/b from a Vitess/GT6/2500 or similar with carbs would be nice.

Bit cheaper than a jag ?

regards Paul

Hum, welcome in. Range Rover P38's are quite cheap, and would make an intresting donor?

Sorry for late reply just returned from Beauleiu AutoJumble got some nice old seats and a big steering wheel.

Well I wanted a leaf spring front end and a very long and narrow chassis , so my first thought was a 109" LandRover however there ar to many technical problems that stop radiator/engine/gearbox being moved back about 2 foot so that is a no go and Range Rovers similar problems and just to modern for me/style of vehicle I want to build.

regards Paul