Shuttleworth Collection 40's event 18th June 2016, WW2 vehicles & re-enactors wanted

Hello everyone, the Shuttleworth Collection, near Biggleswade in Bedfordshire, are holding a 1940's event with flying display, hangar dance and military vehicle displays on the 18th of June 2016. I am.a volunteer there on the aircraft and vehicles and have been asked to try and source some extra vehicles and displays. Some of the members from here have been before and will hopefully be able to come again to display, the collection is offering free entry to the event for exhibitors and as stated above there will be a hangar dance during the day with dancers and singers. This will be the second show of the new at home formats the Collection is trying which sees the aircraft and vehicles combined with displays on the public side of the fence, it will be a laid back show with flying happening throughout the day and will also have a visit from one of the BBMF spitfires during the afternoon. Please contact me if you are interested and I'll pass your details to the organisers.

http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/athome-june/

Cheers

Steve

Hi I've spoken to the organisers and have a bit more information about the show, there will be a hangar dance from 15:00 until around 18:00 with music from the Polka Dot Dolls and a 17 piece orchestra, with the JiveSwing dancers hosting lessons during the day and also performing during the dance. There will be a visiting Spitfire from the BBMF performing a flypast at 18:00 to end the show but if the weather is favourable we may fly some of the Edwardian aircraft later when the wind drops.

If you have any questions please ask away and here is a link to a previous thread to give a feel for the event.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?50006-Shuttleworth-Collection-Military-pageant-5-7-15-WW1-vehicles-Blenhiem-Vulcan&highlight=shuttleworth

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve we are small group that are not too far away,all of our vehicles are WW2 and pretty good condition.

The problem I have with Shuttleworth is that in the past they have asked for vehicles,(which of course may increase thier gate) but have asked for pictures to make sure the vehicles fit with their critique......either they want WW2 or they dont.

Hello everyone, the Shuttleworth Collection, near Biggleswade in Bedfordshire, are holding a 1940's event with flying display, hangar dance and military vehicle displays on the 18th of June 2016. I am.a volunteer there on the aircraft and vehicles and have been asked to try and source some extra vehicles and displays. Some of the members from here have been before and will hopefully be able to come again to display, the collection is offering free entry to the event for exhibitors and as stated above there will be a hangar dance during the day with dancers and singers. This will be the second show of the new at home formats the Collection is trying which sees the aircraft and vehicles combined with displays on the public side of the fence, it will be a laid back show with flying happening throughout the day and will also have a visit from one of the BBMF spitfires during the afternoon. Please contact me if you are interested and I'll pass your details to the organisers.

http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/athome-june/

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

I have a 1942 Dodge WC51 with 50 cal fitted marked up as USAAF 303rd bomb group

I live in Stevenage which is only a sort distance away and would love to attend.

Could you please contact me as sounds like a great event , can send pictures of the truck if required.

Many thanks

Alan

Hi Gas 44 the previous times I've asked for vehicles to come and display, the organisers have asked for pictures to run past me to confirm they are what they want as they were new to the job role and had very little experience of correct period vehicles and also so they could put pictures in the show programme of the vehicles. A friend ended up with a large picture of his WLC in the programme last time around, could you ask the other members of your group (obviously yourself included) if they'd like to display for us and hopefully you'll all see how friendly we actually are.

Regards

Steve

Hi Alan thanks for replying PM sent

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

I have a 1942 Dodge WC51 with 50 cal fitted marked up as USAAF 303rd bomb group

I live in Stevenage which is only a sort distance away and would love to attend.

Could you please contact me as sounds like a great event , can send pictures of the truck if required.

Many thanks

Alan

Here are a few timings for the show, there are still spaces if anyone wants to turn up

10.00 – Gates open

11.00-13.00 – Flying subject to conditions

11.00-16.00 – Pop up Vintage Beauty Parlour: Sarah Dunn’s Doo Wop Dos

12.00 – Swiss Garden tour (free)

13.00-13.30 - Jive Swing Dancers (main performance)

14.15-14.30 – Shuttleworth Re-enactors Parade

14.45-15.15 – Jive Swing (learn to dance session)

15.00 – Swiss Garden tour (free)

15.00-18.00 – Flying subject to conditions, may continue later if favourable for the Edwardian machines

15.15-16.00 – Hangar dance live music with Polka Dot Dolls

16.15-16.30 – Thomas Benjamin Wild Esq (performance)

16.45-17.00 – Jive Swing (get up and dance session)

17.00-17.45 – Hangar dance live music with Polka Dot Dolls

17.50-18.00 – ‘The Kings Speech’ (performance)

18:00 - Flypast from BBMF Spitfire

For more details please contact myself or the organisers directly at rachel.bundy@shuttleworth.org

Edited by spanter
Clumsy fingers