Need contact with surviving WW2 Brockhouse Zwicky 450 gal or Bellamy 900gal bowsers

Hi,

Could anyone with WW2 Brockhouse / Zwicky pump/ Lister Diesel engine/ 450 gallon towed trailer bowsers RAF , or the Bellamy 900 gallon RAF bowser WW2 please PM me, and also post images here on what you have., or have seen languishing in a field etc.

Even if its just the Zwicky pump, I must find someone with a pump for research work or sale.

BrockhouseZwicky450galBowserPump.jpg

BrockhouseZwicky450galBowser.jpg

Bellamy900gallon.jpg

Cheers

BOBC

• 2 weeks later...

002.jpg

Hi,

Could anyone with WW2 Brockhouse / Zwicky pump/ Lister Diesel engine/ 450 gallon towed trailer bowsers RAF , or the Bellamy 900 gallon RAF bowser WW2 please PM me, and also post images here on what you have., or have seen languishing in a field etc.

Even if its just the Zwicky pump, I must find someone with a pump for research work or sale.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113054[/ATTACH]

Cheers

BOBC

003.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I see I never replied to this reply, simply because we made contact another way. Excellent news to see a Bellamy 900 being given the care and attention it deserves, having seen how the restoration of this has progressed since this pic was posted.

However its a shame no one else of 1918 views appears to have towed bowsers such as I pictured or even the equipment from them.

Looks like they either missed seeing this post or dont visit HMVF.

It is so important these historic iconic vehicles without which the RAF wouldnt have flown, are preserved , after staring at the same museum exhibits for the umpteenth time in museums, such make a long awaited and refreshing change to our view of WW2 and celebrate the role of the groundcrew, whom the pilots thought the world of, but museums cast aside when it comes to equipment used. Before what little that remains is lost to the scrapman or nature, we all need to do what we can to save such. Even if a reader of this spots a piece of equipment let us all know of it.

BOBC

Edited by BOBC1940