Green Goddess Glasgow - Harvey Frost crane wanted

Gareth ware

I have acquired a sound mechanically but very rotten Bedford Green Goddess Fire Engine. To give it is a function and keep it on the road, plan is to sympathetically remove pump and water tank, and bolt in a Harvey Frost 3 to 5 tonne crane. I appreciate this is perhaps going the opposite way of most i.e. converting military vehicles that were once wreckers back into their original military spec, so have joined to ask if anyone has such a crane redundant from their project. Any help in sourcing one would be appreciated.

Gareth Ware

Corwyn, yes I suspect your crane is my best option - just the distance involved! Would you be available Friday 12th Feb in the afternoon. Could you give me the dimensions, might be easier to transport in a Luton? Cannot bear taking a photo of the Goddess, but will post one up shortly to show extent of the spongy wood!

Corwyn, yes I suspect your crane is my best option - just the distance involved! Would you be available Friday 12th Feb in the afternoon. Could you give me the dimensions, might be easier to transport in a Luton? Cannot bear taking a photo of the Goddess, but will post one up shortly to show extent of the spongy wood!

Yes I can get dimensions on weds evening if thats ok? I can ask the boss if he can meet you on 12th Feb :)