Ferret drive shaft U-joint interchange

njjeeper

Hi again! I am looking for a u-joint that I can source locally here in the USA. Does anyone have a part number or specs on the joint I could use to find something that will fit?

The last owner of this ferret took all the driveshafts apart and threw away the original joints so I don't have anything to compare to or measure.

TJ

Hi again! I am looking for a u-joint that I can source locally here in the USA. Does anyone have a part number or specs on the joint I could use to find something that will fit?

The last owner of this ferret took all the driveshafts apart and threw away the original joints so I don't have anything to compare to or measure.

TJ

If you have the yokes, both shaft end and flange end, then that is all that is need for sizing, any good motor parts supplier should be able to match them, normally internationally recognised sizes. Basically, all that is needed is diameter of cups, and width of the joint including cups, this is from circlip to circlip in the yoke.