DPM MK2 Modified Smock, Trousers and shirt

wdbikemad

010.jpg

Glimpses only shown at the moment (labels).....now, I had always thought this stuff to be suspect..........not any more.......

Labels show MoD contract numbers..............this kit (notably the smock) shows remarkable similarities to the 2nd generation PCS MTP smock.........partial mesh lining (although re-configured), underarm zips for ventilation and zip-fastened lower "hand-warmer" pockets beneath and behind the lower external pockets.............shirt features mesh-bottomed breast pockets, also the trousers.............photo also shows detail of the smock's lower pocket mesh and lining mesh........

Rumour has it that this kit was for Special Forces but I think that's bollocks..........this stuff was introduced under and as part of Operation "Tantalus" (a latter-day version of Combat Soldier 95, etc)............thus stuff was trialed and introduced on a limited scale just prior to MTP clothing being introduced for Afghan.......hence the cammo, not the design, didn't proceed further at the time.............

Ebay has this stuff at a premier price labeling it as "SF", but it isn't really........I have a source whom I got mine from, new and in decent sizes too, for a very reasonable price...............:D

009.jpg