Saladin info!

cooler07

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all!

Any chance someone would have some info on this Saladin? Thanks for your time. Regards James[ATTACH=CONFIG]106686[/ATTACH]

Hi James!

That Saladin used to belong to me about 25 years ago. The engine was u/s when I got it and I had to convert a Saracen engine which was then installed. It took a whole day to convert the engine as the Saladin has lots of drive belts and pulleys to go on. I lost track of it after I swapped it and believe it became a gate guard.

It was an RTR Saladin and David Fletcher at the Tank Museum sent me a photo of it at a parade. I am pretty sure it served in Aden but have no positive proof.

If I can find anything elso about it I'll let you know.

Regards

Doug

Hi James!

That Saladin used to belong to me about 25 years ago. The engine was u/s when I got it and I had to convert a Saracen engine which was then installed. It took a whole day to convert the engine as the Saladin has lots of drive belts and pulleys to go on. I lost track of it after I swapped it and believe it became a gate guard.

It was an RTR Saladin and David Fletcher at the Tank Museum sent me a photo of it at a parade. I am pretty sure it served in Aden but have no positive proof.

If I can find anything elso about it I'll let you know.

Regards

Doug

Hi Doug;

Thank you for that information, it clears up some of the mystery,because the engine data plate has a 1983 service date on it.

I have the records for it but they only go back to 1969 andstates it was in the 4RTR.

Will post pictures and data in new thread.

Thank again and for any other history you can find.

Regards James