Aquino Tank Day 2015, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Aquino Tank Day 2015 was held on May 30th and although there was heavy rain in the afternoon, the show was well attended and the Ontario Regiment Museum, staff and volunteers put on a great event. Didn't get to take as many pics as I had hoped but I've put together the following slide show. Pictures are mostly from the Gulf War re-enactment but there was also re-enactment of WWII, Vietnam and a United Nations Peacekeeping vehicle drive past. Enjoy. Awesome event!

Cheers, Terry.

[video=youtube_share;UE8_fahH6J8]

Edited by 61Ferret

Aquino Tank Day 2015 was held on May 30th and although there was heavy rain in the afternoon, the show was well attended and the Ontario Regiment Museum, staff and volunteers put on a great event. Didn't get to take as many pics as I had hoped but I've put together the following slide show. Pictures are mostly from the Gulf War re-enactment but there was also re-enactment of WWII, Vietnam and a United Nations Peacekeeping vehicle drive past. Enjoy. Awesome event!

Cheers, Terry.

[video=youtube_share;UE8_fahH6J8]

Thanks for posting. Is there a website for the event? How many vehicles were in attendance? I am seriously considering going next year.

Thanks for posting. Is there a website for the event? How many vehicles were in attendance? I am seriously considering going next year.

I'm not sure how many vehicles were owned by the public and how many came from the museum. I counted about 30 sitting out but the museum has many, many more. I'm ashamed to say I didn't have time to get through the museum's collection but looking over the fence it looked like acres of olive drab. I think there were eight CVR(T), a ferret or two, and many M113 variants, as well as some little stuff (rovers, HMMVW,schwimmwagen) and big stuff with a few MBTs moving around.

http://www.ontrmuseum.ca/OMVAevent.htm

Quite a few of the vehicles used in the re-enactments are privately owned and there were a number of privately owned vehicles brought out for display only. Of course, the museum owns a number of the vehicles with some being used in the re-enactments and others just on display. A number of the vehicles in the Gulf War re-enactment are actual veterans of the first Gulf War and more amazing is the fact they were crewed by very same British soldiers who fought in those particular vehicles during the Gulf War. Great event that is getting better each year and is well attended by the public. Three portable bleachers, each the length of a tractor trailer and with perhaps 10 or so rows of seating were brought in for the event. Bleachers were packed for the first show/re-enactments and unfortunately heavy rain stopped the second show from taking place.

Edited by 61Ferret

Actually, for me one of the best moments of the show was AFTER the deluge. Al had a discussion with the show staff and decided to put on a little show for the hardcore fans who were still around, so the three turreted CVR(T) went for a quick romp around the field and made a noisy attack. I gather he got some heat for kicking up some turf on the field but it looked GREAT to see these machines with some throttle!