Trucks and Troops

Just come back from Trucks and Troops show. Wow!

The ride down went like a dream took a GMC from Derby and it didn't miss a beat. I was goin to France but my mates truck wasn't ready. Anyway the show had a real buzz to it, they put noncamping tents in a different field, I was told that the toilets up their was posh - they even had framed pictures in them!

I camped in the back of the truck so stayed in the show ground, the differnet trucks coming surprised me. I thought they would have mostly Jeeps, but I even saw an M8!

The re-enactors were good they even had a road block across the road and were stopping people, I think their were 10 or 12 groups and when rolling thunder fired the artillery in the arena I was surprised.

Pity about the rain, I stayed till yesterday and it was reall sunny and I drove my truck over what was wet ground, not a mark on it so it must drain well. I got a few bargains, GMC tyre complete £35. Officers jacket £35 Stalls could have been better but I take it that some went to Hordean. Any report on it?

Anway thumbs up will go again as the showground was really good.