Boy Scout "Boot" Camp-O-ree

tankdriver

It was a cold and snow was falling, when we loaded up and headed to the Boy Scout 2015 Boot Comporee. BUT it was well worth it.

We carried a 37mm, 57mm and 3” anti-tank guns, a 45 Willis Jeep, and a Dodge 43 WC63 down. There was apx 200 Boy Scouts there. After we got set up, around 10 I started giving rides. I stopped about 12 to get lunch, and when we walked out of the mess hall, the WC had a full load setting in the back waiting, on us. As soon as I got back and MADE them get off, another group was waiting to get on.

The WC was run harder that it has since Norway had it in full service. I ran it for about 5 hours straight, just stopping to go to the little boy’s room and to eat. I burned over 25 gallons or gas running it on very muddy wet roads. I did not have one problem on the WC. It ran great.

I loved every cold minute of it, and the kids loved it. AND that is the main thing. If you look at the average age of our average collector, if we do not get the kids interested in our hobby, there will not be a hobby in another 20 years. Check with your local Boy Scout Troop and get involved. You’ll find it will be worth your time.

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

Video

th_IMG_1589.mp4

Edited by tankdriver

Looks like a really fun and worthwhile event!

If I can make an observation though? when we carry passengers, we try and do so with the three following safety proceedures;

1) Tailgate closed

2) Safety Strap

3) "NCO" or other resposnible person sitting in rear at tailgate end

much like the process in use by the CF

Not trying to put a downer on what was a great event, and i thank you for all the hard work (and gas!) you put into expanding interest in our hobby.

Cheers

Nick

CWC Canada