Bedford QLR Window Question

paul_bish

I am going through my QLR trying to improve bits and get back to as original as possible and have a question around the windows in the body, at the moment they are perspex.

I have taken the door panels off and can get a good look at the channels and they appear to be teh same on all windows on the body, there are 4 channels/runners

Running from the outside in

Plain Channel 1

Channel 2 with 3 stops giving different heights - I assume this is for the glass

Plain channel 2

Plain channel 3

I know the Bedfords had Black out blinds, Glass that opened and fly screens but whats whats the fourth channel for?

Can anyone help?

Cheers Pete. I did have a look but apart from the wire cutter bracket and jack mount I couldn't see anything. Up on Saturday so will have a closer look.

However... As the engine cover all comes out for access you wouldn't have anything clamped to that, so nothing there. The seats have pretty much zero room behind and the footwells are really cramped so not much space there. Either side of the seats is a space for a rifle so no space there. So could be that all accessories were carried in the belly boxes? Will take a good look on Saturday though