Identifying an RL Bedford

Starfire

Hi All,

We have an ex-RN Bedford RL flatbed with a HIAB at the museum and we'd love to find the original British registration number for it, so that we can apply the correct markings. Is there any way of matching a chassis number or something to the proper registration?

Cheers,

Terry

Hi All,

We have an ex-RN Bedford RL flatbed with a HIAB at the museum and we'd love to find the original British registration number for it, so that we can apply the correct markings. Is there any way of matching a chassis number or something to the proper registration?

Cheers,

Terry

Hi Terry,

Dave Carmen was asking me this several years ago, having seen the photos, I am not certain it was a military vehicle as such and think Dave said it was thought to be RAF. There are things about it that do not point to being a military spec. Any details from data plates in cab or on chassis will be useful.

regards, Richard

Ok, I'll have a good look and take some photos. Anything else that I should be looking for to positively rule in or out that it was a military vehicle (fittings, etc.)? It's the only RL that I've ever seen personally, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Cheers,

Terry