Humber Spares Availability

Rover8FFR

Hi all

is it me or are the Humber GS and Pig parts etc in short supply.

i accept other items cross over from the MV ranges of Champ, Ferrett etc.

However specific Pig items are scarce and I wonder why.

is someone sat on a stock pile waiting to sell to the highest bidder?

interested in others thoughts on this.

regards

Quick reply Clive. Thanks.

it was one of those thought you have when you peruse eBay and Milweb etc.

just wondered, and you are best placed to know why.

i understand why we Humber owners must secure parts for the future of our vehicles, even when we ultimately pass them onto the next curator etc.

Have you spotted the rebound rubbers yet? He has 7 boxes with a set of 4 in each.

Need to be careful there is a Ferret dip stick "B60 so will fit Humber 1 Ton" :rofl:

Also yesterday a Gen Panel No.9 Mk 4 will fit Champ & Pig - In fairness to advertiser he has corrected that after I contacted.

So you have to keep your wits about you, not always easy in the frenzy of an e bay scramble for these rare bits :D

Wayne you are losing your touch, an hour & half & you couldn't find it :D

I've just checked mine & they are ok. These are the rebound rubbers that press on the chassis after the suspension arms have been hit by the upper bump stop rubbers.

Anyway plenty to go round for those who need them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291317753383?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I see the Ferret & "Humber" dip stick is still as described. I did send a little message. Sometimes they are ignored but generally sellers are courteous & appreciative. I found one seller I was in contact with yesterday who had linked two vehicle types together as one word, so that a search for either vehicle wouldn't show his advert, so he was grateful.

Yes I generally search under those headings but also for Hunber, Huber, Hmuber, Humbar, Hummber, Humbber, etc

Another useful one is Rootes, Routes, Roootes, Ruotes, Roots, Ruuotes etc :-D

I also do a search for MV parts with filters for minus (& no offence to anyone here) US, USA, Dodge, Jeep, Beep, Chevrolet, etc I think you get the picture. But even so it is still a long search.

Yes I generally search under those headings but also for Hunber, Huber, Hmuber, Humbar, Hummber, Humbber, etc

Another useful one is Rootes, Routes, Roootes, Ruotes, Roots, Ruuotes etc :-D

I also do a search for MV parts with filters for minus (& no offence to anyone here) US, USA, Dodge, Jeep, Beep, Chevrolet, etc I think you get the picture. But even so it is still a long search.

set acquired!

I note you don't type Humvee ;)

That particular seller needs to be congratulated on his precise & well written description. I wish a few other sellers could follow his example. I think he has visited me for a Humber induction once, he is primarily a Rootes man. I think the FV1601 that sold earlier in the year was his.

Clive always a major temptation for sure.

I love exploring my stores now to see what I have sat on a shelf.

I've been lucky on many spares. Timing, knowledge or friends over the years.

As the years pass by I now know that pre awareness or instinct has been a strategic purchase angel!

I've been wise for the Rover8 but my Humber continues to be a challenge!

However my trailer of spares and old chassis are the best I could achieve and I thank all involved in that exercise.

;)

I've just looked at your chassis Wayne, you have 4 good bump stop rubbers (ie the top ones). There are only 2 rebound rubbers, I can't assess these as they are presently doing what they are intended to do. At least you have 4 good uns coming.

I've had a chatty reply from the seller & pointed him to this thread. It was he who visited me & it was his FV1601 sold earlier in the year.