QL Parts

mike30841

Does anybody have or know of any QL bodies for sale? Particularly looking for QLR and/or QLT body in restorable condition, or would consider QLD. Also looking for a QLT spare wheel carrier. Alternatively, does anyone have a set of drawings for either the QLT or QLR body?

Bit of a long shot, I know, but most things seem to be out there if you can only find them!

Thanks in anticipation, Mike.

hi

I have a scrap QLT body as patten.

008.jpg

I am building a new body from the patten.

034.jpg

I will be making tooling to press the ribs in to the pannels and doors.

001 (3).jpg

I have Guy's spare wheel carrier but i am missing the trolley that the wheel sits on and pulls out.

you are welcome to come and have a look and i will be getting rid of the scrap body when i have all the holes drilled in the new body and i am happy with it.

I could make you pannels to off set the cost of the tooling, best to have a look.

Peter

002 (3).jpg

Only the other day whilst chatting to my local storage chap he gave me a hot tip re the location of a QL, I will follow it up and let you know

That is great - I would be interested to know if anything turns out to be salvageable ( although I wouldn't want to take a body from a restorable QL if anyone wanted to save the whole thing).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Mike

hi

I have a scrap QLT body as patten.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98904[/ATTACH]

I am building a new body from the patten.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98907[/ATTACH]

I will be making tooling to press the ribs in to the pannels and doors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98910[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]98912[/ATTACH]

I have Guy's spare wheel carrier but i am missing the trolley that the wheel sits on and pulls out.

you are welcome to come and have a look and i will be getting rid of the scrap body when i have all the holes drilled in the new body and i am happy with it.

I could make you pannels to off set the cost of the tooling, best to have a look.

Peter

Pete,

Many thanks for your reply and PM - I will give you a ring in the next day or two.

Kind regards,

Mike.

Only the other day whilst chatting to my local storage chap he gave me a hot tip re the location of a QL, I will follow it up and let you know

Well been to said location and it was sold to two blokes from Tarleton and to be honest I am not sure if it turned out to be a QL or an RL

Never mind - thanks for trying anyway, really appreciate it.

Kind regards, Mike.

No problem, if we all help each other life can be so much easier and fun.

I had a good root around whilst there, I have my eye on a 50s winch he has had for years so we chat about it when we meet, I think he will sell it to me if I can find an RL.

It was worth while as he gave me some good ideas for a removable box that can come off with no fork lift or Hiab, all I need now is an RL that's on budget and not too far away.

Having re read the posts, I feel it would be quite easy to fabricate one.

If you could weld and have the space its possibly cheaper to buy a chop saw and welder and make one.

Its when you start having to pay for professional services it gets costly.

If you have a local vehicle body builder near by it might be worth asking if one of the lads could make it as a foreigner as it would be cheaper.

Some people don't like new and insist everything must be original but its down to availability and cost, often you put that much new metal in to a structure it would have been better to build a new one.

Having re read the posts, I feel it would be quite easy to fabricate one.

If you could weld and have the space its possibly cheaper to buy a chop saw and welder and make one.

Its when you start having to pay for professional services it gets costly.

If you have a local vehicle body builder near by it might be worth asking if one of the lads could make it as a foreigner as it would be cheaper.

Some people don't like new and insist everything must be original but its down to availability and cost, often you put that much new metal in to a structure it would have been better to build a new one.

I wooden't say it was quite easy to do, it took me a week to cut and weld my frame. then there are all the panels, doors and seats to do yet.

The panels and doors all have ribs pressed in to them and the seats fold up or down.

There is nothing that wood cause a problem just a hell of a lot of work.

I am happy to help with measurements and panels.

Peter.

I wooden't say it was quite easy to do, it took me a week to cut and weld my frame. then there are all the panels, doors and seats to do yet.

The panels and doors all have ribs pressed in to them and the seats fold up or down.

There is nothing that wood cause a problem just a hell of a lot of work.

I am happy to help with measurements and panels.

Peter.

What I should have said is its easy if you know how to do it but a lot of work.

I built a trailer in the summer and it was surprising two of us in a fully equipped workshop and it still took us two days just to fabricate it.

Its all down to what skills you have or if you have the money to pay some one.

Being an engineer I have the skills but have to rely on a friends workshop for stuff I cant do on the drive, but he is fully equipped and a very good engineer so I am lucky