why is it that...

BRDM Driver

When you are lying upside down, head first in a footwell trying to get a bolt into an impossible to reach (let alone see) hole, that it turns half a turn and becomes too tight to turn by hand and then after another half a turn becomes too loose to turn with a ratchet....

Anyway, mission accomplished eventually, my BRDM has a refurb master cylinder and all new brake hoses.

Tomorrow we'll see if it stops!!!

And today the return spring on the brake pedal decided to ping off and managed fly into a gap at the edge of the floor panel and drop under the floor, which I had only just finished putting back... a challenge in itself, four interlocking metal sheets with bolt holes that refuse to line up....:mad::mad::mad:

And today the return spring on the brake pedal decided to ping off and managed fly into a gap at the edge of the floor panel and drop under the floor, which I had only just finished putting back... a challenge in itself, four interlocking metal sheets with bolt holes that refuse to line up....:mad::mad::mad:

Can't you get to the spring with some bent wire, maybe with a small magnet on it?

They must have had an ex-MOD defector working for them when they designed that! :-)

Andy

Can't you get to the spring with some bent wire, maybe with a small magnet on it?

I have my 'magnet on a stick' thing, well goose-neck not a stick, and it comes in very handy on the BRDM!

Alas the bowels of the BRDM are cavernous and full of metal bits (in this particular area, the hydraulic steering gear) so it was an exercise in futility, I just had to bite the bullet and get the floor up!

I have my 'magnet on a stick' thing, well goose-neck not a stick, and it comes in very handy on the BRDM!

Alas the bowels of the BRDM are cavernous and full of metal bits (in this particular area, the hydraulic steering gear) so it was an exercise in futility, I just had to bite the bullet and get the floor up!

I feared it was a optimistic advice.

Couldn't you put the vehicle on a steep incline, hoping it will roll to the access point?