mtp s95 pattern smock

boots dms

It's speculation, but I think a lot of earlier production garments are made using earlier templates of clothing. Did the early 95 Patt Windproof have a wire hood and rank tab? Perhaps it was a template oversight and they used the wrong ones.

A good few years ago, I picked up a 95 Patt DesDPM Shirt. It had epaulettes AND and rank tab on the chest. I'm still trying to work out how they made that mistake...

If you're familiar with the 95 Patt PLCE, have you noticed that the Side Pouches don't fit to the bottom of the Yoke correctly, whereas the 90 Patt did? Someone misread the template plan - and they've never been corrected. In the case of the PLCE, it's more likely that it was someone in the MoD that cocked up the design plan.

It's speculation, but I think a lot of earlier production garments are made using earlier templates of clothing. Did the early 95 Patt Windproof have a wire hood and rank tab? Perhaps it was a template oversight and they used the wrong ones.

A good few years ago, I picked up a 95 Patt DesDPM Shirt. It had epaulettes AND and rank tab on the chest. I'm still trying to work out how they made that mistake...

If you're familiar with the 95 Patt PLCE, have you noticed that the Side Pouches don't fit to the bottom of the Yoke correctly, whereas the 90 Patt did? Someone misread the template plan - and they've never been corrected. In the case of the PLCE, it's more likely that it was someone in the MoD that cocked up the design plan.

Thanks,yes, thats certainly an option I had,nt considered.The last 95 dpm windproof smock had wired hood and rank slide,plus velcro on upper arms as did the first pattern mtp smocks,an exact copy but in mtp.I just assumed this had been altered to resemble the "old school" design of windproof smock.If it has I can,t find any evidence on the material.I do have another first issue mtp smock in s95 style with wired hood etc, and the label is identical to this one,so possibly a one off or a customisation.

I think the hood wire and rank slide will have been removed by the owner, a fairly popular modification.

I have removed the wired hood and compass pocket on my PCS CU MTP Smock, it won't annoy the SSM because thats me...

I've also removed the front zipped pocket flaps that sometimes catch in the zip when its opened and closed.

image.jpg

What is interesting is the design of Future Aircrew Clothing System (FACS) for rotary crews, it will be a two piece design based on PCS CU but with the wired hood removed, a civilian type hood retainer flap and forearm pen pockets.

image-2.jpg

Edited by Brewstop

I think the hood wire and rank slide will have been removed by the owner, a fairly popular modification.

I have removed the wired hood and compass pocket on my PCS CU MTP Smock, it won't annoy the SSM because thats me...

I've also removed the front zipped pocket flaps that sometimes catch in the zip when its opened and closed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90878[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]90879[/ATTACH]

What is interesting is the design of Future Aircrew Clothing System (FACS) for rotary crews, it will be a two piece design based on PCS CU but with the wired hood removed, a civilian type hood retainer flap and forearm pen pockets.

Thanks for info,I had sort of guessed that it was a personal mod,especially as the label is identical to a standard smock I have.But was,nt sure how far someone could go with these type of mods,again I suppose it depends on your unit or who you are so to speak.To my mind the mods improve the smock considerably,but then again I won,t have to use it as its just part of a collection.There seems a long tradition of modifications to issue kit,ie wool cuffs added to 68 smocks and later types,zip pockets on windproofs etc etc,all good if it helps improve kit .:-)