Falklands Rapiers

Paul101Clark

:-D hi can you pp me thanks

FFR green with hession brown and green some were coverd with a splinter like brown light stone mud finnish on deloyment

You don't think the splinter-like light brown mud finish after they'd deployed might have been light brown mud collected during deployment?

Or am I too having a blond moment.

Weren't they brand spanking straight off the production line never been used before kit? In which case I doubt the crews would have had the time or the inclination to apply pretty mud cam schemes, especially when we only tended to use green and black vehicle paint at the time, having just repainted all our vehicles with IRR paint.

Or a meringue?

;-) Nothing about RAPIER was brand new even the spares were over 10 years old NOS they were IRR green with a broad band of black up and over the C/S 21A-C 31A-C was was about 1foot high 1 1/2 inch wide on both sides of the top of the radome in black on green green on black mud was the brown colour and hessian /scrim netting was used to cover the lower sections the DN181(muppet) blindfire was plain green but were not very effective as most of the black boxes were still on assencion isle having been off loaded to make room for more important gear ?and the initial deployment was to protect the landing troops not the ships in san-carlos waters re-deployments were by helo. Im looking for my photos but they are poor quality be warned