Bendix relay valve issues on a WLF series 5

Calling all series 5 owners HELP. I am stumped. My relay valve was leaking when the brakes were applied, According the Bendix manual, that means the diaphragm is leaking. Inspection confirmed the the diaphragm was cracked, it was replaced, the unit was bench tested. Now the air is leaking out of the exhaust port and I cannot build air pressure. The supply valve looks OK, as the manual states that is where the problem is. I have read and reread the manual and I am stumped. What am I missing here?

John G

All;

After speaking with Jeff J about this issue, he has offered another to check. As stated, I replaced the bad diaphragm in the relay valve. Now that has been fixed, he thinks it could have been masking a leaking brake valve. He told me if the brake valve is leaking "at rest" the air needs to go somewhere. So when it stops raining here, I will remove the line from the valve that goes to the relay valve, if it is leaking, then, problem found. I will keep you posted.

John G

After taking the relay valve out (again) what a pain it is on the Ward!! I located the problem. For some reason, the supply valve was not seating correctly. I installed a new supply valve, bench tested the unit before I put it back and it worked fine, after installation all is well. What I cannot figure out is how this happened in the first place. i had removed the valve to replace a bad diaphragm, bench tested the unit and it worked fine, once I installed it, the supply valve acted

up. Now I have brakes again!!

John G