2 pdr part ID

I have just bought some 2 pounder parts and looking for a positive ID on a certain part,in with the bits is a semi auto gear that is not for the towed AT Gun so I am assuming its From an Armoured vehicle but need some one who knows to confirm.

It seems the firing linkage was operated by a cable .

Any help appreciated

Rob ..................rnixartillery.

DSCF1757.jpg

DSCF1758.jpg

What you have is a two pounder with quick firing return mechanisium from a daimler armoured car or possibly a valetine tank.

the gun was fired by bowden cable from a remote trigger located below on another casting.

if you dont want the quick firing bit i know several people who are restoring cars who would want to take it off your hands.

Singe

www.daimler-fighting-vehicles.co.uk

Edited by singaeger

What you have is a two pounder with quick firing return mechanisium from a daimler armoured car or possibly a valetine tank.

the gun was fired by bowden cable from a remote trigger located below on another casting.

if you dont want the quick firing bit i know several people who are restoring cars who would want to take it off your hands.

Singe

www.daimler-fighting-vehicles.co.uk

Hi Singe

Thank you for that , When I bought these bits I was told that they had come from a Daimler AC but did not want to state that until a positive ID suggested. So I guess that is mission accomplished.

Yes this part will be for sale along with possibly a stripped Breech ring and a firing mechanism.

Thanks again

Rob.....................rnixartillery.