British Green Clothing 1960s Recent Acquisitions

wdbikemad

002.jpg

I recently acquired this job lot of olive drab/green British-made 1960s-era gear, mostly jungle/tropical stuff.........all large sizes that for once actually fit me ! :-D All must have belonged to the same bod, shirt is big, trousers 36-38 waist and long leg..........the shorts are 1953 dated but the rest of the gear 1960s manufacture........all in great condition 'though stank to high heaven of damp when acquired.......I've lightly washed it and it's come out rather well, no real fading at all.......what is rather interesting however, is the large variation in the shades of green....! And we assume that DPM is the only range with such variations..........:-\

003.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

What a fantastic haul of kit.Rare and as you say especially so in large sizes.That windproof smock is excellent,i still dream of finding items like these,but it goes to show its still out there.Could I just ask is it the original zipper on the smock do you know?

What a fantastic haul of kit.Rare and as you say especially so in large sizes.That windproof smock is excellent,i still dream of finding items like these,but it goes to show its still out there.Could I just ask is it the original zipper on the smock do you know?

The smock is near-mint (though it didn't smell very "minty" when acquired :-X).....Size 8, made by "BMC", contract numbered but no NSN and dated 1966 plus WD-arrow (all correct for the era).........only missing (for some reason) the hood draw-tape......

NZ zips (Newey) began to feature around the mid-1960s......my SCRDE 1966 dated trial DPM smock is fitted with one, although I have other smocks from this era (and earlier) fitted with "Swift", "AZF", "Clix", Flash" and "ACE" zippers........but this is how this one came so I assume it's all original.......:-D Shot of my 66 dated trial DPM smock showing the same NZ zipper fitted, same year as this example......efc2dpm trial.jpg