RAF ground support vehicle colour

snowtracdave

I'm sure I've asked this question before but I'm blowed if I can find the answer ! Can anyone advise on the shade of yellow in which airfield ground support vehicles would have been finished . At some point in the future I hope to get the Snow Trac back to it's in service colour . Thanks for any info .

Dave I really don't know. But I would be very wary of assuming an equivalence based just on name.

For some years I was mystified why some vehicle alternators were sometimes painted the wrong colour blue on the inside. It was a rather bright blue not BSC Sky Blue that most of the alternator was painted then I looked at RAL Sky Blue & realised that someone probably had not read the spec properly & used the colour based on RAL rather than BSC381C. (In case anyone says the Sky Blue indicates it was reconditioned in the case of Generators No.10 when reconditioned they were to be painted black) Anyway that's another story :-D