DPM Windproof Cadet Smock - Beds ACF Marked

Enfield1940

A DPM windproof cadet smock picked up today. This is kind of an eBay gamble that didn't pay off as I was hoping it would be bigger and in better condition so it'll probably get re-sold in the not too distant future. It's been slashed and re-sewn down the back, the label is missing and the corner of one of the pockets has been repaired with a different piece of DPM fabric.

I note that it has been marked 'BEDS ACF' on the left breast by stencilling it on in yellow paint. Was this normal for ACF smocks? Also, is there a way of approximately dating it?

Cheers,

Mark

Windproof DPM Cadet Smock - markings R.jpg

Windproof DPM Cadet Smock - front R.jpg

Windproof DPM Cadet Smock - back R.jpg

Windproof DPM Cadet Smock - interior R.jpg

• 5 months later...
Counted 5 of these on Ebay this week with pretty much all of the UK sellers claiming RARE SMOCK,Rarest of all the smocks,one all collectors want etc etc etc etc:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:;)

Yes, I've seen those. The £120 asking price for one is particularly hilarious. I suppose they're hoping to cozen somebody into thinking that they're in the same league of desirability / value as the hooded OG smocks that preceded them.

I put the Beds ACF one on eBay at a low starting price. It didn't sell, so it went to France as a freebie with a DPM P60 smock whose sale price I was very pleased with.:D