Desert d pm lightweights ,,any info guys please ?

gunner501

Never seen the lightweight green trousers ("TML's") in desert DPM.........they were generally only made in green and a version in black for MoD Police (no big leg pocket on the latter and later versions of the green).......

These are pre-95 on account of the manufacturers name on the label and definitely issue on account of the MoD contract number...........

Can't understand why made when the standard desert trousers of the era were the tropical cut..........surely lightweight enough.....?

A bit of a rarity methinks.......:-D

Thanks for the responce guys. I spoke to a friend who was in Iraq in 2003 with 3 para and he told me

a few guys were issued these . he remembers them moaning about them ! As Steve has pointed out there pre 95 manufacture ,,and thus (could ) be infact realy early ? one thing I,ve noticed is a small offcut of tri color D P M has been

used inside . SEE PICTURE

009.jpg

I have a pair of these the NSN dates to 92 so after the gulf if that helps

Thanks for the info Tinweasle, Could you poss post the NSN please when you have a spare min ? does this new info indicate these were produced for a few years guys ?

Cheers all

G501