Saracen Driving Position

trophy160

I've recently bought a Mk 6 which has the type 30G seat. Unless I'm not adjusting it correctly, I'm finding that even with the seat in the rear/lower position my head is still in contact with the padding on the roof. I'm only 6 ft and can't believe that this can be right. Any thoughts?

I guess I have the same drivers seat and will have a look at where it is set and where my head comes to. As to being only 6 foot.. I raised mine so I could see out.

On the subject of Saracens, has anybody replaced their exhuast? I guess mine has a couple more years but I have just had to weld up a crack in it.

I've just tried my seat and unfortunately you might be stuck with a tight fit. I'm 5 foot 6inches and have just realised that the top of my head - when the seat is forward - is about an inch below a welded nut on the roof, I think i'll be wearing a helmet from now on. When I lower the seat. This is the effect of the seat going down and back a bit, I end up with about 3 inches above my head. If you are 6 foot, I guess that's your head touching the roof. Having had the seat out recently and oiled all the movements, I know it is moving freely.

I've just tried my seat and unfortunately you might be stuck with a tight fit. I'm 5 foot 6inches and have just realised that the top of my head - when the seat is forward - is about an inch below a welded nut on the roof, I think i'll be wearing a helmet from now on. When I lower the seat. This is the effect of the seat going down and back a bit, I end up with about 3 inches above my head. If you are 6 foot, I guess that's your head touching the roof. Having had the seat out recently and oiled all the movements, I know it is moving freely.

My thougths exactly! I got an inner (plastic?) from a army helmet that will do the trick!