Out playing with the stalwart again on Broxhead, we had some fun and had to winch her

paulob1

we were doing the hole at broxhead, no one could get through today but the stalwart did it with ease, so too a unimog but only the easy bit for the mog as it had a long body overhang and could not do the tight holes...]

take a look at some of the vidoes.

she eventually made the holes a bit slippery and dug a few ruts in the exits until she got a bit deep in one of the holes and had to be winched out using her self recovery winch....amazed that the winch worked as they are not the strongest and i did not use a snatch block to increase the load...

was a good day...

the stalwart is great fun for playing, the clutch is a pain and the linkage gets a bit difficult to engage the gears when she is under load but with the jolly engineering ignition the engine runs a treat...

I am not sure about the tyres, they are much harder than the bar grips, which give a much softer ride, clean better too in the really gooey stuff...but mostly I think she drives in dryer conditions better with them...

the winch was amazing and recovered me from a very sticky situation without the snatch block which i thought very special indeed.

was a fun dayfor sure and weather held up great