Crashed Glider with Jeep inside

Morris C8

Can any one ID any info from the jeep inside this Crashed glider [ WACO ], has numbers on the bumper and what looks like whats left of the bonnet [hood] 20489573S ?, the jeep has bent in half. Original photo from my collection.

Keith

Edited by Morris C8

Oh my Pete, that sounds like a jeep anorak answer :shocked:

How long has it been since you sold the CMP Chev?!? :D;)

Hanno

Now Now my cloggie chum..... I'm just demonstrating that I'm a fully rounded person.

Anyway fear not Old Bean, there's a C30 12 cab LAA and a Dodge D15 tanker waiting their turn in the workshop so my CMP interests are alive and strong.

Who knows the current J thing may well appear in Canadian markings :cool2:

Pete

Now Now my cloggie chum..... I'm just demonstrating that I'm a fully rounded person.

Anyway fear not Old Bean, there's a C30 12 cab LAA and a Dodge D15 tanker waiting their turn in the workshop so my CMP interests are alive and strong.

Who knows the current J thing may well appear in Canadian markings :cool2:

Of course with you having moved away from civilisation, you now have all the time in the world to read jeep books. Remember what our dear friend McStolly used to say about jeeps :yawn:, so a jeep in Canadian markings is only a meagre consolation, my dearest British friend :-D.

A C30 is a very good step back up to the plate to where you were :thumbsup:

H.

One more original ww2 photo from my collection. jeep on the outside . Any one know what the letter T stands for on the tail of the glider and this glider has a name on it. think the photos were taken in Son Holland ? There are 2 gliders or whats left of them.

Keith